Scheduled for 21 April to 9 June 2024, the inter-district sports competition of 9th Hong Kong Games (HKG) will cover eight sports, namely the athletics, badminton, 3-on-3 basketball, futsal, swimming, table tennis, tennis and volleyball. A series of community participation programmes will also be launched to enable wider participation. The Jockey Club Vitality Run is one of these programmes and is suitable for people of different ages and abilities. All running fans and their families and friends are welcome to share the fun of running and show support for the HKG.
3 March 2024 (Sunday)
Suggested Arrival Time
1 hour before the start times of the respective categories
10 km Run – 8 a.m.
About 3 km Run – 8:30 a.m.
Yuen Wo Road near Yuen Wo Playground
Yuen Wo Road near Sha Tin Sports Ground
Programme Number, Category, Quota and Age
|Age of Participant
|About 3 km Run
|All are welcome
|10 km Run
|Aged 16 or above (as at the event day)
About 3 km
Start (Yuen Wo Road (South bound) near Yuen Wo Playground) Sha Tin Rural Committee Road (Sand Martin Bridge) Tai Chung Kiu Road Fo Tan Road (Banyan Bridge) Yuen Wo Road Finish (Yuen Wo Road (South bound) near Sha Tin Sports Ground)
Start (Yuen Wo Road (South bound) near Yuen Wo Playground) Sha Tin Rural Committee Road (Sand Martin Bridge) Tai Chung Kiu Road Fo Tan Road (Banyan Bridge) Yuen Wo Road Yuen Wo Road Sports Centre Shing Mun Riverside Hong Kong Sports Institute Shing Mun Riverside Turning point before Sha Tin Sewage Treatment Works Finish (Yuen Wo Road (South bound) near Sha Tin Sports Ground)
Enrolment Methods and Points to Note
- Applicants may enrol in activities through My SmartPLAY App, the SmartPLAY webpage or smart self-service stations starting from 8:30 am on 10th January 2024 on a first-come-first-served basis.
- All participants including aged below 18, as well as the guardians or parents of participants, must register and complete authentication as SmartPLAY users before enrollment. Please browse SmartPLAY webpageor you may see the video on how to "User Registration and authentication through iAM Smart".
- In case the activity currently applied for will be held at the date and time conflicting with another training course or recreation activity for which payment has been settled or confirmation has been made, such an application will be rejected as well.
- Applicants may enroll on the events individually or in group of 4. Applicants who enroll with more than one person, one of the group members must be the “prime applicant”, and he/she can invite the rest of the participating members through SmartPLAY* with no more than 3 members. Those being selected will then receive a notification of invitation generated by the system. The “prime applicant” can only proceed with the enrolment once he/she has the members' consent.
*Remarks: The prime applicant first select the rest of the participating members with no more than 3 members from the "Invitation for Joint Enrolment of first-come-first-served Activity" under "My Record" in SmartPLAY.
Access to Prospectus
The prospectus is available through the following channels:
- The dedicated website of the 9th HKG at www.hongkonggames.hk;
- District Leisure Services Offices of the LCSD;
- Leisure venues of the LCSD with SmartPLAY Services;
- Sports grounds of the LCSD in various districts; and
Free of charge
Notes for Participants
Each participant will receive a souvenir T-shirt and other souvenirs. Participants completing the run within the time limits (i.e. 45 minutes for About 3 km Run and 90 minutes for 10 km Run)will also receive a certificate and a souvenir medal.
Participants interested to compete for the following prizes may enrol in the competitions when collecting their number bibs (i.e. from 25 February to 1 March 2024):
Champion, 1st Runner-up and 2nd Runner-up of the Most Creative Costume Prize
Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 individual participants with the highest scores for their costume. The judging criteria include relevance to the theme of the HKG, creativity, colourfulness, helping to create a festive atmosphere, and the use of environment-friendly materials.
Champion, 1st Runner-up and 2nd Runner-up of the Overall Best Team Costume Prize
Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 teams with the highest scores for their team costume. Each team may consist of 2 or more persons, who can be members of a family or an organisation, or a group of friends. The judging criteria include relevance to the theme of the HKG, creativity, colourfulness, display of team spirit, and the use of environment-friendly materials.
There will also be stage performances, game booths on new sports, a sports interactive game zone, a photo corner, etc. on the event day. Participants and their friends and families are welcome to join on the spot.
Collection of Number Bibs
Participants shall bring along with their identity documents (originals or copies) when collecting their number bibs from the following locations from 25 February to 1 March 2024:
- The Arcade of the Kowloon Park (between Kowloon Park Sports Centre and Swimming Pool), 22 Austin Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on 25 February 2024 (Sunday); or
- Audio-Visual Room, 1/F, Leisure and Cultural Services Headquarters, 1-3 Pai Tau Street, Sha Tin, New Territories from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. from 26 February to 1 March 2024.
【Note: Participants are required to wear the number bibs on their chests before participating in the activity. They should ensure their number bibs are properly kept as no replacement bibs will be provided. No distribution/replacement of number bibs will be arranged on the event day.】
- Participants shall wear suitable sportswear and sports shoes, and bring their own sunscreen products, caps, raincoats, mosquito or insect repellent if necessary.
- Participants shall not wear or bring articles, clothing or accessories with political, racial or offensive messages, or with flags, motifs or messages that may be used for protest. The Organiser has the right to forbid anyone who contravenes the rules from taking part in this activity.
Points to Note
- Participants should know whether they are physically fit to participate in the activity. If in doubt, they should consult a doctor before enrolment and participation. Participants should also have sufficient practice and warm-up exercises before the activity.
- On the event day, participants should pay attention to their personal conditions to see if they are physically fit for the activity. When feeling unwell during the activity, participants should seek help from nearby officials immediately.
- Participants may take out their own personal insurance if necessary.
- Participants shall not bring loudhailers, flags, banners, bunting, flyers or articles bearing slogans, or publicity materials of any kind, except for those provided by the Organiser.
- Participants interfering, or attempting to interfere in the conduct of the event by any means may be requested to leave the venue.
- If a participant’s act is contrary to the interest of national security, the Organiser has the right to terminate his/her participation in the event.
- No promotional materials, souvenirs or giveaways may be distributed and no publicity materials of any kind may be displayed in the venue without the permission of the Organiser.
- The Organiser has the right to refuse anyone failing to observe the rules of the venue entry to the venue, or demand such persons to leave.
- Supplementary information about this activity, including notes to participants and location map of the venue, will be provided through the dedicated website of the 9th HKG at www.hongkonggames.hk.
Inclement Weather Arrangements
- If Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 3 or above, or Red or Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is in force or issued at 6:00 a.m. on the event day, the activity will be cancelled.
- If the weather deteriorates during the activity, the Organiser may suspend the activity in view of the circumstances. Participants should pay attention to the announcements on the spot.