The Jockey Club Vitality Run
Scheduled for 23 April to 28 May 2017, the 6th Hong Kong Games (HKG) will cover eight sports, namely the athletics, badminton, basketball, futsal, swimming, table tennis, tennis and volleyball. A series of public participation activities will also be launched to enable more members of the public to participate in the HKG. The Jockey Club Vitality Run is one of these activities and is suitable for people of different ages and abilities. All running fans and their families and friends are welcome to share the fun of running and show support for the HKG.
8 January 2017 (Sunday)
Suggested Arrival Time
1 hour before the start times of the respective categories.
10 km Run – 8:30 a.m.
3 km Run – 9:00 a.m.
Yuen Wo Road (West Bound) near Sha Tin Sports Ground
Sha Tin Sports Ground
Category, Quota and Age
|Category||Quota||Age of Participant|
|3 km Run||4 000||All are welcome|
|10 km Run||1 100||Aged 16 or above (as at the event day)|
3 km Run
Yuen Wo Road Sha Tin Rural Committee Road Tai Chung Kiu Road Fo Tan Road Yuen Wo Road Finish(Sha Tin Sports Ground)
10 km Run
Yuen Wo Road Sha Tin Rural Committee Road Tai Chung Kiu Road Fo Tan Road Yuen Wo Road Yuen Wo Road Sports Centre Shing Mun Riverside Hong Kong Sports Institute Shing Mun Riverside Turning point before Sha Tin Sewage Treatment Works Finish（Sha Tin Sports Ground）
Enrolment Methods and Points to Note
Enrolment starts at 8:30 a.m. on 16 November 2016 on a first-come-first-served basis through the following methods. Each person may enter a maximum of 4 participants each time (a maximum of 2 participants each time for online enrolment via the Leisure Link Internet Booking).
Enrolment in Person:
Applicants may bring along the duly completed Enrolment Form together with their valid identity documents (original or copy) for enrolment at any District Leisure Services Office of the Leisure and Cultural Services Department (LCSD) or any leisure venue with Leisure Link Services.
Online Enrolment via the Leisure Link Internet Booking:
Applicants may log in to the Leisure Link website(http://leisurelink.lcsd.gov.hk) for enrolment.
Access to Prospectus and Enrolment Form
The prospectus and Enrolment Form are available through the following channels:
- The dedicated website of the 6th HKG; and
- District Leisure Services Offices of the LCSD, sports grounds of the LCSD and any leisure venues with Leisure Link Services
- Prospectus and Enrolment Form:
Free of charge
Each participant will receive a souvenir T-shirt and other souvenirs. Participants completing the run within the time limit (45 minutes for 3 km Run and 90 minutes for 10 km Run) will also receive a certificate and a souvenir medal.
Participants interested to compete for the following prizes may enrol in the competitions when collecting their number bib (i.e. from 2 to 6 January 2017):
Champion, 1st Runner-up and 2nd Runner-up of the Most Creative Costume Prize
Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 individual participants with the highest scores for their costume. The judging criteria include relevance to the theme of the HKG, creativity, colourfulness, helping to create a festive atmosphere, and the use of environment-friendly materials.
Champion, 1st Runner-up and 2nd Runner-up of the Overall Best Team Costume Prize
Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 teams with the highest score for its team costume. Each team may consist of 2 or more persons, who can be members of a family or an organisation, or a group of friends. The judging criteria include relevance to the theme of the HKG, creativity, colourfulness, display of team spirit, and the use of environment-friendly materials.
There will also be stage performances, game booths, a family area, a photo corner, etc. on the event day. Participants and their friends and families are welcome to join on the spot.
Collection of Number Bibs
Participants shall bring along with their identity documents (original or copy) when collecting their number bibs from the following locations from 2 to 6 January 2017:
- Amphitheatre of Sha Tin Park, 2 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on 2 January 2017 (Monday); or
- Audio-Visual Room, 1/F, Leisure and Cultural Services Headquarters, 1-3 Pai Tau Street, Sha Tin, New Territories from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. from 3 to 6 January 2017
【Note: Participants are required to wear the number bibs on their chests before participating in the activity. They should ensure their number bibs are properly kept as no replacement bibs will be provided. No distribution/replacement of number bibs will be arranged on the event day.】
Notes for Participants
- Participants shall wear suitable sportswear and sports shoes, and bring their own sunscreen products, caps, raincoats, mosquito or insect repellent if necessary.
- Participants shall not wear clothing with commercial or promotional elements. The Organiser has the right to forbid anyone who contravenes the rules from taking part in this activity.
Points to Note
- Participants should know whether they are physically fit to participate in the activity. If in doubt, they should consult a doctor before enrolment and participation. Participants should also have sufficient practice and warm-up before the activity.
- On the event day, participants should pay attention to their personal conditions to see if they are physically fit for the activity. When feeling unwell during the activity, participants should seek help from nearby officials immediately.
- Participants may take out their own personal insurance if necessary.
- Supplementary information about this activity, including notes to participants and location map of the venue, will be provided through this dedicated website.
Inclement Weather Arrangements
- If Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 3 or above, or Red or Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is in force or issued at 6:00 a.m. on the event day, the activity will be cancelled.
- If the weather deteriorates during the activity, the Organiser may suspend the activity in view of the circumstances. Participants should pay attention to the announcements on the spot.