Scheduled for 28 April to 2 June 2019, the inter-district sports competition of 7th Hong Kong Games (HKG) will cover eight sports, namely the athletics, badminton, basketball, futsal, swimming, table tennis, tennis and volleyball. A series of community participation programmes will also be launched to enable wider participation. The Jockey Club Vitality Run is one of these programmes and is suitable for people of different ages and abilities. All running fans and their families and friends are welcome to share the fun of running and show support for the HKG.
10 March 2019 (Sunday)
Suggested Arrival Time:
1 hour before the start times of the respective categories
10 km Run – 8:30 a.m.
About 3 km Run – 9:00 a.m.
Yuen Wo Road (West Bound) near Sha Tin Sports Ground
Sha Tin Sports Ground
Programme Number, Category, Quota and Age:
|Programme Number||Category||Quota||Age of Participant|
|4051 2650||About 3 km Run||4 100||All are welcome|
|4051 2651||10 km Run||1 200||Aged 16 or above (as at the event day)|
About 3 km
Start (Yuen Wo Road (South bound))Sha Tin Rural Committee Road (Sand Martin Bridge)Tai Chung Kiu Road Fo Tan Road (Banyan Bridge)Yuen Wo RoadFinish (Sha Tin Sports Ground)
Start (Yuen Wo Road (South bound))Sha Tin Rural Committee Road (Sand Martin Bridge)Tai Chung Kiu RoadFo Tan Road (Banyan Bridge)Yuen Wo RoadYuen Wo Road Sports CentreShing Mun RiversideHong Kong Sports InstituteShing Mun RiversideTurning point before Sha Tin Sewage Treatment WorksFinish (Sha Tin Sports Ground)
Enrolment Methods and Points to Note:
Enrolment starts at 8:30 a.m. on 10 January 2019 on a first-come-first-served basis through the following methods. Each person may enter a maximum of 4 participants each time (a maximum of 2 participants each time for online enrolment via the Leisure Link Internet Booking System).
- Enrolment in Person:
Applicants may bring along duly completed Enrolment Forms together with their valid identity documents (originals or copies) for enrolment at any District Leisure Services Office of the Leisure and Cultural Services Department (LCSD) or any leisure venue with Leisure Link Services.
- Online Enrolment via the Leisure Link Internet Booking System:
Applicants may enrol in activities through the mobile Leisure Link e-Service System (http://leisurelink.lcsd.gov.hk) for enrolment.。
- Enrolment through Leisure Link Self-service Kiosk:
Applicants may enrol in the activities through a Leisure Link Self-service Kiosk.
Access to Prospectus and Enrolment Form:
The prospectus and Enrolment Form are available through the following channels:
- The dedicated website of the 7th HKG at www.hongkonggames.hk;
- District Leisure Services Offices of the LCSD;
- Leisure venues of the LCSD with Leisure Link Services; and
- Sports grounds of the LCSD in various districts.
- Prospectus and Enrolment Form:
Free of charge
Notes for Participants:
- Each participant will receive a souvenir T-shirt and other souvenirs.
- Participants completing the run within the time limits (i.e. 45 minutes for About 3 km Run and 90 minutes for 10 km Run) will also receive a certificate and a souvenir medal.
Participants interested to compete for the following prizes may enrol in the competitions when collecting their number bibs (i.e. from 3 to 8 March 2019):
Champion, 1st Runner-up and 2nd Runner-up of the Most Creative Costume Prize
Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 individual participants with the highest scores for their costume. The judging criteria include relevance to the theme of the HKG, creativity, colourfulness, helping to create a festive atmosphere, and the use of environment-friendly materials.
Champion, 1st Runner-up and 2nd Runner-up of the Overall Best Team Costume Prize
Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 teams with the highest scores for their team costume. Each team may consist of 2 or more persons, who can be members of a family or an organisation, or a group of friends. The judging criteria include relevance to the theme of the HKG, creativity, colourfulness, display of team spirit, and the use of environment-friendly materials.
There will also be stage performances, game booths, a family area, a photo corner, etc. on the event day. Participants and their friends and families are welcome to join on the spot.
Collection of Number Bibs:
Participants shall bring along with their identity documents (originals or copies) when collecting their number bibs from the following locations from 3-8 March 2019:
- The Arcade of the Kowloon Park (between Kowloon Park Sports Centre and Swimming Pool), 22 Austin Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on 3 March 2019 (Sunday); or
- Audio-Visual Room, 1/F, Leisure and Cultural Services Headquarters, 1-3 Pai Tau Street, Sha Tin, New Territories from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. from 4 to 8 March 2019.
【Note: Participants are required to wear the number bibs on their chests before participating in the activity. They should ensure their number bibs are properly kept as no replacement bibs will be provided. No distribution/replacement of number bibs will be arranged on the event day.】
- Participants shall wear suitable sportswear and sports shoes, and bring their own sunscreen products, caps, raincoats, mosquito or insect repellent if necessary.
- Participants shall not wear clothing with commercial or promotional elements. The Organiser has the right to forbid anyone who contravenes the rules from taking part in this activity.
Points to Note:
- Participants should know whether they are physically fit to participate in the activity. If in doubt, they should consult a doctor before enrolment and participation. Participants should also have sufficient practice and warm-up exercises before the activity.
- On the event day, participants should pay attention to their personal conditions to see if they are physically fit for the activity. When feeling unwell during the activity, participants should seek help from nearby officials immediately.
- Participants may take out their own personal insurance if necessary.
- Supplementary information about this activity, including notes to participants and location map of the venue, will be provided through the dedicated website of the 7th HKG at www.hongkonggames.hk.
Inclement Weather Arrangements:
- If Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 3 or above, or Red or Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is in force or issued at 6:00 a.m. on the event day, the activity will be cancelled.
- If the weather deteriorates during the activity, the Organiser may suspend the activity in view of the circumstances. Participants should pay attention to the announcements on the spot.