Scheduled for 28 April to 2 June 2019, the inter-district sports competitions of the 7th HKG will cover eight sports, namely athletics, badminton, basketball, futsal, swimming, table tennis, tennis and volleyball. Preliminary rounds of some of the sports competitions will begin in March 2019.
Rugby Sevens will be included as the demonstration event of the 7th HKG. Further details will be announced in due course.
The 18 District Councils (DCs) in Hong Kong.
Eligibility Requirements for Athletes
- Participants must be nominated by their respective DC and they will participate in the competitions in the capacity of that DC.
Participants must be holders of valid "Hong Kong Permanent Identity Cards", or holders of valid "Hong Kong Identity Cards" who have resided in Hong Kong for 3 years or more;
Note: Holders of "Hong Kong Identity Cards" must have records of their first entry to Hong Kong, such as One-way Permits or passports, showing their arrival in Hong Kong before March 2016 to prove that they have resided in Hong Kong for 3 years or more.
- Participants must reside in the district of their respective DC (proof of place of residence is required).
- Each athlete can participate in the selection competition of only one district and can represent only one district in the HKG.
Those athletes who participated in any of the following sports competitions between 1 January 2016 and 31 January 2019 are not eligible to participate in the corresponding sports competitions of the HKG.
Events Sports Competitions All Sports Olympic Games (excluding the Summer Youth Olympic Games) Asian Games (excluding the Youth Asian Games) National Games of the People's Republic of China (excluding team games (basketball, football and volleyball), the sport-for-all events and National Youth Games) World Championships (excluding the World Youth/Junior Championship) Asian Championships (excluding the Asian Youth/Junior Championship) Tennis Davis Cup Federation Cup Athletics IAAF World Indoor Championships Asian Indoor Athletics Championships Asian Beach Games Futsal World Cup Qualifier AFC Asian Cup Qualification Round Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games East Asian Football Championships
- An athlete nominated by the relevant national sports association to participate in any of the competitions specified in paragraph 5 above after the nomination deadline on 31 January 2019 is still eligible to participate in the corresponding sports competition in the 7th HKG.
Serving professional athletes are not eligible to participate in the HKG competitions of the sports they are engaged in.
Note: Professional athletes are those who are employed under a full-time paid contract by any institution or company as an athlete, excluding the full-time athletes who are undertaking training and receiving subvention or subsidy offered by the government or relevant organisations (such as the Hong Kong Sports Institute, the Sports Federation & Olympic Committee of Hong Kong, China, and national sports associations).
- Participants in the athletics competition must be born in or before 2009 but those who take part in the 5000 m events must be born in or before 2003. Participants in the basketball competition must be born in or before 2005. Participants in the futsal competition must be born in or before 2004. Participants in the volleyball competition must be born in or before 2007. Participants of all ages are welcome to enter the badminton, swimming, table tennis and tennis competitions.
District Athlete Selection
Starting from July 2018, the 18 DCs will select the residents of their respective districts who meet the eligibility requirements mentioned above through open district athlete selection to represent their districts in the sports competitions of the 7th HKG. Those who are interested in representing their districts in the competitions are welcome to enrol.
Prizes and Scoring Methods
- Prizes will be awarded to the Champion, 1st Runner-up and 2nd Runner-up of each competition.
Each of the sports competitions will have one "Overall Champion, a 1st Runner-up and a 2nd Runner-up" and the "District with Impressive Progress" prize. The results will be obtained using the following scoring methods:
- From the Champion to the 7th Runner-up of each competition event, each winner will score 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3 and 2 points respectively, i.e. the Champion will score 10 points, the 1st Runner-up will score 8 points, etc. until the 7th Runner-up will score 2 points. The remaining participants/participating teams who have successfully finished the competition event will score 1 point.
- The points awarded for the team events (excluding the basketball, futsal and volleyball competitions) will be doubled, i.e. the Champion will score 20 points, the 1st Runner-up will score 16 points and so forth.
- If a participant/participating team is disqualified by the Organiser due to misbehaviour or fails to turn up for a competition, no point will be awarded.
- The top 3 districts with the highest accumulated points in each of the sports competitions will be the Overall Champion, 1st Runner-up and 2nd Runner-up of the respective sports competition.
- The district achieving the greatest increase in the accumulated point over the last HKG will be awarded the "District with Impressive Progress" prize for the respective sports competition.
Prizes for the "Overall Champion, 1st Runner-up and 2nd Runner-up of the 7th Hong Kong Games"
The top 3 districts with the highest accumulated points from all the 8 sports competitions, namely athletics, badminton, basketball, futsal, swimming, table tennis, tennis and volleyball will be awarded the prize. The scoring method is set out as follows:
- The district which is the Champion (i.e. the "Overall Champion") of a sports competition will score 10 points, and the 1st to the 7th Runners-up will score 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3 and 2 points respectively. The 8th to the 17th Runners-up will score 1 point.
- The top 3 districts with the highest accumulated points from all the 8 sports competitions will be awarded the prizes for the "Overall Champion, 1st Runner-up and 2nd Runner-up of the 7th Hong Kong Games" respectively.
- If there are districts with the same accumulated point from all competitions, the one that holds more first places will win; and if they hold the same number of first places, the one holding more second places will win. The same method applies until the overall positions are determined. If all the results are the same, the districts concerned will be awarded the same position and presented with the same prize.
The "District with the Most Gold Medals" prize
The district that obtains the most gold medals in the 8 sports competitions will be awarded the prize. If the number of gold medals obtained is the same, the districts concerned will be awarded the same prize.
The "District with the Greatest Participation" prize
The district having the greatest actual number of athletes participating in the 8 sports competitions will be awarded the prize. (The actual number refers to the number of enrolled athletes who have turned up for the roll call in the HKG.)
The "District with the Best Progress" prize
The district achieving the greatest increase in the accumulated point from all the 8 sports competitions over the last HKG will be awarded the prize.
The "District with the Best Sportsmanship" prize
The top 3 districts with the highest average attendances of participating athletes in all the 8 sports competitions will be awarded the prize.
The "District with the Strongest Cheering Squad" prize
The district represented by the cheering squad with the highest attendance on the competition days will be awarded the prize.