To enhance the competitive atmosphere, boost the morale of athletes and call for concerted efforts in the community to cheer on athletes from the 18 districts, each District Council may form a Cheering Squad to give full support to their athletes during the Hong Kong Games (HKG). The district represented by the Cheering Squad with the highest overall attendance on competition days will be awarded the prize for the "District with the Strongest Cheering Squad".
Composition of the Cheering Squads
Each Cheering Squad shall consist of at least 10 members, irrespective of age and gender. District team athletes and coaches participating in the respective sports competition should be excluded from the squad.
Regulations and Scoring Method
- The Cheering Squads will cheer on the athletes at the venues of the eight sports competitions. The squads should register with the staff of the Organiser and have a photo taken by the staff at a designated corner to record their attendance. The squad of each district, consisting of at least 10 members at each attendance, should register once only at each venue on each competition day.
- The prize will be awarded to the district represented by Cheering Squad with the highest overall attendance in the eight sports competitions. If two or more districts have the same attendance, all of them will be awarded the same prize.
- There are no specific restrictions on the form of expression, but the squads shall abide by the rules of the venues and all instructions given by the staff of the Organiser/venue managers when cheering on the athletes.
- Cheering activities may take place at any time from the start of the first match to the end of the last match on a competition day. However, Cheering Squads shall register with the staff of the Organiser and have a photo taken for record before the end of the last match of a competition day.
Notes to Participants
- Activities of the Cheering Squads will be called off upon cancellation of matches. Please refer to the "Inclement Weather Arrangement" in the prospectus of the sports competition concerned for details. The arrangement for matches and the activities of the Cheering Squads will be announced separately in due course.
- For the date, time, venue and the latest arrangements for the sports competitions of the 7th HKG, please click here.
Announcement of Results and Prize Presentation
Results will be announced and prizes will be presented at the Closing cum Prize Presentation Ceremony of the 7th HKG to be held on 2 June 2019 (Sunday).